Muslim Response USA Team provides a lifeline and makes enormous impact
- when disasters e.g., floods, earthquakes, drought and hurricanes strike.
- when people are driven from their homes and countries by conflicts and wars.
- when economies collapse.
- and when there are deadly disease outbreaks.
Apply Now for the position you feel is a great fit for your interest, education, experience and skills.
- Organization: Muslim Response USA for Relief and Development
- Title: Coordinator, Fund Development
- Status: Full Time, 40 hours/week
- Location: Virginia and New York
- Report to: Fund Development Manager
Muslim Response USA for Relief and Development, is a Virginia based 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization whose vision is to have a peaceful, just, and equitable world where everyone enjoys a life free of hunger, suffering and exploitation.
For mobilizing support from individuals, corporations, and community institutions, Muslim Response USA is accepting applications for Fund Development Coordinator (2 positions). These positions are responsible for identification, cultivation, and stewardship of major and minor gifts through development of donor relationships. We seek highly organized, results- oriented professionals with excellent people skills, clear written and verbal communication, and work ethics.
- Undertake marketing of Muslim Response USA programs in communities and with potential donors and institutions e.g. local philanthropists, businesses, corporations, foundations, Islamic Centers etc.
- Build and cultivate relations with donors, organizations, volunteers, and the general public in the region.
- Secure donations for Muslim Response USA programs from individuals, groups and organizations.
- Identify annual fund raising goals and then develop plan, implement and coordinate fundraising activities in the assigned region.
- Plan, organize and facilitate fundraising activities – events, dinners, concerts, etc.
- Identify and enroll volunteers for Muslim Response USA programs and fundraising efforts.
- Represent the organization at relevant networking events and disseminate information on its programs and campaigns.
- Respond to donor inquiries with accurate and timely information.
- Undertake any other relevant duties or projects delegated by the line manager.
- A college graduate with at least two years of experience in fund development/marketing or public relations.
- Demonstrated experience of fundraising for a non-profit organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through writing and public speaking.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Problem solving and proactive.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Applications – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work under stress.
- Comfortable to engage with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated success in establishing highly effective working relationships with key stakeholders to accomplish goals for an organization.
- Must be available for frequent domestic travels.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Committed to the vision and mission of the organization.
- Eligible to work in the USA.