QURBANI - FEED THE HUNGRY
Join us in sharing the blessings of Qurbani and feed the hungry. Qurbani starting from $50.
In the wake of COVID-19 pandemic, the world has never faced this scale of economic recession before. Imagine the plight of millions of poor and needy families who receive fresh meat during the Eid al-Adha only; now is the time when your generosity is needed more than ever.
Response USA distributed fresh Qurbani meat to around 40,000 poor people in 13 countries in 2019. This year, we have plans to reach out to a much larger number of beneficiaries in 22 countries – majority of whom are affected by hunger, poverty, conflicts and disasters.
PLEASE ACT NOW
Please donate Qurbani in your own name or on behalf of a loved one, and help us feed hundreds of thousands needy families in 22 countries/regions around the world this Eid al-Adha; IA.
What is Qurbani and who should perform it?
- Qurbani is a sacred act performed by slaughtering an animal for the sake of Allah SWT that reminds us of the story of Prophet Ibrahim and Prophet Ismail (peace and blessings be on both). It reminds us of the great sacrifice both were willing to make, their strength of faith, and of God’s favor and mercy upon the believers.
- Sacrifice is performed by Muslims all over the world on the tenth of Dhu al-Hijjah and it is obligatory upon all adult and sane Muslims who have the financial means to sacrifice the sheep, goat, cow or camel during the days of Eid al-Adha.
- Sadaqah and charity cannot compensate for Qurbani nor fulfil this obligation. Just as Zakat cannot compensate for Hajj, or Fasting cannot compensate for Salaat, similarly no charity can compensate for Qurbani.
- The Qurbani must be performed before Eid-al-Adha prayers and the meat distributedbetween the 10th and the 12th of Dhul Hijjah. It is a way in which Eid blessings can be shared with those in need.
Allah (SWT) calls upon the believers to turn to Him through prayer and sacrifice, especially for those whom He has granted an abundance of wealth
Days of Qurbani
The days of Qurbani are the 10 th , 11 th and 12 th of Zul Hijjah. The first day is considered to be better than the second, and the second better than the last.
How does Response USA perform Qurbani?
At Response USA, we take the trust reposed in by you very seriously and perform Qurbani on your behalf with our best intentions. We comply with the Islamic traditions and ensure that:
- Sharia compliant animals are sacrificed
- Animals are well-fed and kept in healthy & humane conditions
- Cleanliness is maintained in the slaughtering, meat packaging & distribution
- Local economy is supported by buying livestock from local farmers.
- Beneficiaries include widows, orphans, disabled & refugees
- Fresh meat is delivered to needy families – Not Frozen, Not Canned
Response USA performs Qurbani in the countries and regions affected by disasters, wars, violent conflicts, poverty and hunger where access to food is limited. Please remember that many people in these countries only have fresh meat during Eid al-Adha. Your Qurbani makes a difference.
Qurbani Animal & Shares
- All cattle – cows, camels, sheep, and goats, that are slaughtered for Qurbani should fulfill all the conditions in accordance with the Islamic principles.
- The necessary age for sacrificing a goat is one full year – both for male and female. A cow, bull or buffalo needs to be two years old, and a camel five years. Animals that are younger are not suitable for Qurbani.
- The slaughtering of a cow, bull, buffalo or camel will suffice for seven persons provided no one’s share is less than one seventh.
- Offering a goat, sheep or ram in sacrifice is permissible for one person only.
- The Qurbani animals need to free from any visible defects that make them unsuitable
- Blindness in one or both eyes
- A limb or limbs are missing
- Illness or morbidity makes cattle unsuitable for human consumption
- Horn broken off from the root
- Very weak and thin animal who cannot walk