POWER OF SADAQAH
Globally, around 2.1 billion people lack access to safe water at home.
Sadaqah is a voluntary act of charity performed out of kindness, generosity, compassion, friendship or faith. It can be given to anyone: family, friends, the poor, the homeless and others who are in need. It has no limits or rules. Sadaqah is intended solely for the pleasure of God. It should be given from a halal source and done in secret, if possible.
Difference between Sadaqah and Sadaqah Jariyah
Sadaqah is short-term and Sadaqah Jariyah is long-term. For example, serving dinner to a family in need may satisfy their hunger for a night but construction of a water well will provide safe drinking water to a community for 5-10 years.
“ The Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said, ‘When a person dies, his deeds
come to an end except for three: Sadaqah Jariyah (a continuous charity), or
knowledge from which benefit is gained, or a righteous child who prays for him ”.
Benefits of giving Sadaqah
- It is believed that the reward for Sadaqah is so great that it can continue long after an individual has passed, so long as the benefits of the act continue to be felt by others.
- Sadaqah protects from tragedies and gives protection on the Day of Judgment.
- When a person begins to give Sadaqah to the poor and needy, he or she is lending helping hand to fulfil their needs and ultimately helps establish social equality.
- Sadaqah is also seen as a way to combat against illness and misfortune.
- Sadaqah is not restricted to a particular person; instead, it is required for every believer to perform this type of charity because it includes all kinds of good acts.
“The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed of grain which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies His reward for whom He wills”.
Quran Surat Al- Baqra (Verse 261)
Orphans are waiting for your help
Loss of one or both parents, separation from family members and friends, and lack of access to services all have devastating consequences for children.
YOUR DONATION of $1.5 / Day WILL CHANGE the life of a child for good and help her/him materialize the dreams for a safe, healthier and dignified life.
Water is life
Globally, around 2.1 billion people lack access to safe water at home, and every day, more than 800 children under age 5 die from diarrhea attributed to poor water and sanitation.
By supporting Sadaqa Jaariyah Water projects, you can save the lives of hundreds and thousands of children in at risk families.
The Deep Water Well serves a community of around 3,000 people and Shallow Water Pump serves up to 200 people for 5-10 years.
Six out of 10 people are facing food shortages in countries affected by conflicts, droughts or disaster.
Your donation of $75 can secure food supplies for those in need in Asia, Africa and Middle East for one month.
Breaking the cycle of poverty
Muslim Response USA is helping poor families achieve economic independence to break the vicious cycle of hunger and poverty.
YOUR DONATION of livestock (pair of goats/sheep) or Kitchen Gardening Toolkit will make a difference in the lives of at risk families in Asia and Africa.