Your generous donation can help Response USA to deliver lifesaving food assistance in Yemen.
Over 22 million people need urgent humanitarian aid and protection in Yemen. Millions of people are suffering from extreme food shortage and lack of clean water. Your generous donation can help Muslim Response USA to deliver lifesaving humanitarian assistance in Yemen.
- Some 10 million people are suffering from the extreme shortage of food and do not know where their next meal will come from.
- Two million children, plus a million pregnant or breastfeeding women, require treatment for acute malnutrition.
- The United Nations has confirmed that more than 6,500 children have been killed or injured in the violence since the conflict began.
- The Famine Early Warning Systems Network, which measures food security in countries around the world, has found that over half of Yemen’s population is facing crisis-levels or worse of food insecurity and that a famine could be declared by December 2020 if conditions continue to deteriorate.
- The country’s water and sanitation infrastructure has also been severely damaged, posing serious health risks.
- An estimated 16 million people do not have access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene. In 2017, more than 1 million people suffered from cholera or watery diarrhea.
Muslim Response USA has distributed life saving medicine worth 2.1 Million USD to various hospitals, clinics and maternity homes in the Aden Governorate of Yemen. Thanks to our generous donors and supporters for enabling us to serve the families affected by war, conflict, poverty and disease in Yemen. Our next shipments of medicine and disposables are scheduled to arrive in Yemen by the end February 2022; Insha Allah
We enroll and support orphans from extremely poor and hard to reach regions of the world. The monthly cash allowance is used to support the food, clothing, education and health needs of the orphans. We also ensure that orphans and their families benefit from Muslim Response USA’s ongoing development programs in their respective communities.
We provide crucial psychosocial support for children during emergencies to help them overcome their difficult experiences. These efforts include one to one counselling and group therapy sessions for helping them overcome the challenges and stress resulting from the disaster or conflict. Other interventions include safe and stimulating activities such as sports and games to develop life skills and coping mechanisms for achieving resiliency.
We build the capacity of community members, activists to support children, families and neighbors by disseminating key information through a variety of channels including the media, religious organizations, existing community structures and youth groups.