Donor Engagement Associate
Muslim Response USA for Relief and Development is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Virginia whose vision is to have a peaceful, just, and equitable world where everyone enjoys a life free of hunger, suffering, and exploitation.
We are looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to join our Team as Donor Engagement Associate (DEA). This is a unique opportunity for those who want to make a difference and help those in need around the world. This home-based position works to communicate the mission and work of Muslim Response USA in an engaging, passionate, and professional manner while performing all maintenance and donor care tasks.
- You will be the front line for interacting with our donors, contacting the prospect contributors, explaining the program portfolio and gift packages we offer, and securing donations.
- Receive and respond to all prospect, donor, and sponsor calls, emails, and inquiries
- Utilize incoming calls to upsell for further contribution, donations, and partnership
- Maintain and update donor records in the database by inputting accurate information and following up on all required updates.
- Process and record donor payments, follow up and resolve any declined donations, etc.
- Perform all donor and sponsor service duties such as calling to resolve an issue, answering questions, sending out the necessary information etc.
- Accurately and concisely, document donor feedback and special needs indicated during each call in computer based system
- Develop new and creative ideas for taking Muslim Response USA’s donor service to a new level
- Perform other tasks as necessary
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in social sciences with one year of professional experience
- Some fundraising or sales/marketing experience required
- Excellent speaking/writing of English; Urdu/Arabic reading and speaking skills will be a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented with excellent follow up skills, and the ability to coordinate multiple tasks efficiently
- Experience with database or contact management software such as Salesforce
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Persuasive, polished, and articulate communicator; a polite friendly telephone manner is a must
- Ability to think independently and make decisions, while adhering to organizational standards and guidelines
- Comfortable with cold calling and soliciting donations for humanitarian and poverty focused programs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with strong typing and computer navigation skills
- Ability to work remotely and independently, while being a productive member of the team
- Eligible to work in the USA
How to Apply
Interested applicants forward their CVs, cover letter, and two references as part of their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 18, 2022. The Cover Letter must include:
- Why you are interested in this position?
- How your values align with our mission
- A highlight of your professional and/or personal experiences that makes you a good fit for this position
Muslim Response USA for Relief and Development is an equal opportunity employer.